We are a team of highly motivated and passionate engineers. Together we bring eyes to the machines, we make them see things you wouldn’t imagine, and we are proud of it. We can detect diseases in plants with hyperspectral imaging, differentiate water from ethanol with SWIR technology or even calculate the volume of an empty coconut with 3D laser triangulation to fill it with ice cream!
Our office is located in Barcelona city center, a two-minute walk from the Cathedral.
Are you passionate about software development? Want to help us build new cameras? Keep reading! This job might be the one you’re looking for!
You love embedded systems, you think they are cool, that’s why you bought an Arduino board some time ago, but you got bored and started looking for something more challenging.
For you an error is a challenge, you know you will solve it and you enjoy doing it. You don’t mind going down to protocol level, you feel comfortable debugging software and, when debuggers are not enough, you find new ways to identify the cause of the problem.
About this position
At SOLPI you will be working on the most important part of the camera, the sensor! You will implement different sensors into our cameras, by programming different devices in C/C++ and at end… you will the first one to get an image out of this new sensor!
During the process, you will have to deal with low level protocols (I2C, SPI…), read sensor datasheets and check signals with oscilloscopes. From time to time you will write some scripts with Python or C++ to test the cameras and update our knowledge database with you own findings.
You will communicate with remote teams in English … unless you want to improve your German skills! During your journey you will learn different exciting computer vision technologies.
We care about our team, so you will get a private health insurance and you won’t be required to do overtime. To make things easier for you, you will have flexible schedule, and, in addition, you will have Friday afternoons free!
Are you ready? Get onboard, we are about to take off
- Programming of microcontrollers in C/C++ for embedded systems, mainly cameras.
- Design, develop and debug the firmware of new and existing products.
- Develop scripts with python or C++ for product testing.
- Eng or M.Eng in Electronic or Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent.
- Proved experience and strong skills in embedded programming, using embedded IDEs, compilers, and source-level debuggers.
- Good knowledge of the English language (spoken and written) is a must.
- Ability to work collaboratively within an international development team and independently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, effective communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be willing and able to travel in Europe to attend basic training sessions, project work and meetings.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Xilinx MicroBlaze microcontroller.
- Experience with standard embedded communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART, and CAN
- Ability to easily understand electronic schematics.
- Experience with hardware bring-up and troubleshooting. Familiarity using power supplies, testers, logic/bus analyzers and oscilloscopes.
- Knowledge of XML and Python.
- Image processing background.
- Flexible working hours
- No overtime
- Friday afternoon free
- Office in Barcelona city center (metro stations Plaça Catalunya, Jaume I, Urquinaona)
- Health insurance
- Individual training measures to support professional development
- 23+6 days of holidays
- Casual dress code
Are you interested in this challenging position within an international work environment in a successful company? You will be working with a motivated team in an exciting technology! Please send your complete application documentation (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas/Certificates) by email to email@example.com